RiverLink's Annual RiverFest & Anything That Floats Parade
Update: 8/9/13 RiverFest is on. The Anything That Floats Parade is off.
Sorry everyone, but the waters of the mighty French Broad are too high to guarantee your safety and there will be no RiverLink sponsored water activity on Saturday, August 10 for RiverFest no "yachts" or tubes in the water! We consulted with area outfitters, many of whom are not putting watercraft on the river at this time, and feel we have made a difficult but correct decision.
Refunds We will refund entry fees for those who would like because they couldn't float their boat or yacht this year in the Anything That Floats Parade.
Cancelling the Anything That Floats Parade was the last thing we wanted to do, and we apologize for any inconvenience, but we have no control over the weather.
Original Event Posting Below
Help revitalize the French Broad River while having a blast!
Anything That Floats Parade is a fun and wacky event held in conjunction with RiverFest 2013 on Saturday, August 10, 2013 on the French Broad River from 1PM 7PM. Judges will select a winner in each category based on creativity, ingenuity, best depiction of the category, and spirit of the team.
Judging will be in the following 4 categories:
1. Most creative most clever and imaginative
2. Green Machine best use of recycled materials
3. Funniest the wittiest raft that brings the most laughs
4. Judge's Choice the overall best in parade
1. No motorized rafts and no glass bottles on the river.
2. Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and wear life jackets; please supply your own.
3. Anything That Floats entries will be judged at Hominy Creek put-in. Teams must check-in at the registration table to get a raft number and launch sequence, sign a liability form, and obtain a free parking permit for your vehicle.
4. A continuous shuttle will be provided to take rafters from the take out spot at the Sculpture and Performance Plaza back to Hominy Creek Park.
5. Approximate float time is three hours.
6. All participants will receive a gift and winners in each category will receive an "award" for their team. Awards will be presented at RiverFest 2013 (French Broad River Park) at 5:00pm.
Use your imagination!
Pick an awesome name for your entry!
Build Team Spirit!
Enjoy the wonderful French Broad River!
After registering your raft, Michelle will contact you with additional information and answer any questions you may have. For immediate questions please send us a Facebook message or contact Michelle at RiverFestAVL@gmail.com
RiverLink hosts RiverFest as an annual fundraiser event to help raise funds and awareness to continue the work to revitalize the French Broad River as a place for everyone to live, work, and play.
Thank you for participating in the Anything That Floats Parade and helping to make RiverFest such a fun event!
If you would like to pay by check please provide the information below and mail with check for $20 payable to RiverLink at PO Box 15488 Asheville, NC 28813 or stop by RiverLink offices at 170 Lyman St., Asheville, NC 28801.
Name of Raft Entry:
Team Captain Name:
Team Captain Mobile Number:
Team Captain Email Address:
Hominy Creek River Park (View)
194 Hominy Creek Rd
Asheville, NC 28806
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|